You are the sky. Everything else is just the weather. Pema Chodron
Research on the processes and effects of Mindfulness Meditation is a growing subfield of neurological research. Modern scientific techniques and instruments, such as fMRI and EEG, have been used to see what happens in the body of people when they meditate and its effects in the long run. Meditation changes the brain. These studies have shown substantial bodily changes as a consequence of regular meditative practice, including growth in regions of the brain activated according to the style of meditation, regions involved with compassion and understanding others, being mindfully aware, sustaining focus on a single object for a long period, and others. Meditation is similar to learning other skills like how to ride a bike or play the piano.
BENEFITS OF MINDFULNESS MEDITATION
- Alleviate stress and anxiety, frustration, fear, anger, restlessness
- Help treat attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADD or ADHD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety disorder
CLINICAL RESEARCH ON BENEFITS OF MINDFULNESS MEDITATION
Hundreds of studies have been conducted on meditation and its beneficial effects on heart disease, cholesterol, high blood pressure, insomnia, chronic pain, cancer, and immunity. Studies have also shown significant improvements in mental health, memory, concentration, and productivity.
YOGA WITH MINDFULNESS MEDITATION CLASS BENEFITS ADULTS
Yoga with meditation is a physical and mindful discipline practiced in India for over 5,000 years. Known to be the most powerful type of yoga for creating change. Yoga with Meditation class consists of physical sets and breath work that target specific energy blockages in the bodies.
This kind of discipline will help you to identify issues and behavioral patterns that are keeping you from achieving the life you want. The process creates clarity around these issues, giving you a platform to connect to what is most important to you and make the necessary changes. Group or one-on-one classes are commonly offered in communities. What you will need: Yoga mat,?meditation pillow (optional) and water.
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION CLASSES FOR CHILDREN
Meditation classes allow children to get calm and by connecting to their highest selves, they can discover the power within them to be more creative and focused. Classes include a candle ceremony, music, breathing techniques, visualization/guided imagery exercises, creative expression through writing/drawing and sharing. Group or one-on-one classes are offered by Soul 2 Soul Healing.
Contact us for assistance in creating a mindfulness event or curriculum.
CLINICAL STUDIES ON MINDFULNESS MEDITATION
- Middle school students exposed to relaxation and meditation techniques over a three year period scored higher on work habits, cooperation, attendance and had significantly higher GPA’s than non-meditating students. Benson, Journal of Research and Development in Education 33 (3) (2000)
- Forty-eight children who participated in a 6-week meditation program showed significant improvements in behavior, self-esteem, and relationship quality, with an average 35% improvement in ADHD symptoms. Of 31 children taking medication for their ADHD. 11 were able to reduce their medications. Harrison, Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry 9 (4) (October, 2004)
Related Articles and Service:
Source: Wikipedia & Clarity Seminars